These are my current quilts “awaiting” my new longarm quilting machine, APQS Millie.
1) This is my purple mystery quilt. The Kyle Quilters 4th mystery quilt. We did this one in 2011. I did two of them the other one is the Christmas Mystery Quilt.
2) This is Paul’s hand dyed Quilt. This one reminds me of fun at a circus!
6) I started this quilt at last years Kyle Quilters Retreat in Wimberley. I finished it about six months ago. The fabric I used was a fun jelly roll with a cute print and a solid color jelly roll that had matching pastels.
7) Remember when stack and wack was so popular? This is when you use a fabric that has a pattern that repeats itself. After they are stacked, you cut the pieces out and you get these beautiful patterns. This is from a class I took in Fredericksburg about 11 years ago. Yes, I just got the border on this week.
8) The Kyle quilts have done two fun round robins. For those of you who have never done one, this is when you turn in a square and some fabrics that you like and the block is passed around every month to the next on in line. We have six ladies in each group so this went from me to five different women who each added a round and then we got to see our final quilt revealed after the 5th month. I turned in the center and a collection of black, white, and red fat quarters.When I got it back. I added the outside wonky border.
10) Clowns Anyone? is finished.
11) Here is the 2013 Traditional Five and Dime with the alternate blocks.
13) I first saw the disappearing four patch on Missouri Star Quilter on-line.I used kid’s fabrics and solids. They were first sew into four-patches and then cut into nine.Then, the middles are turned and the nine pieces sew back together. I really think this if fun!